The Eclipse Mylyn plugin provides task-centric display/artifact management. Mylyn tracks what files were touched for a given task and as you switch/activate tasks Eclipse only shows the artifacts for that tasks. There are also lots of task management features.
Besides local task management there are a variety of Mylyn connectors that allow tasks to be stored in task tracking tools such as Jira, Trac or GitHub Issues. GitHub Issues is a nice task tracking framework associated with a GitHub project.
Tracking GitHub Issues from Eclipse Mylyn
- From Eclipse: Help - Install New Software
- Select Luna Update site: Luna - http://download.eclipse.org/releases/luna
- Filter: GitHub
- Select Eclipse GitHub integration
Create GitHub Task Repository
- Window - Show View - Other - Mylyn - Task Repositories
- Right click Tasks folder - Add Task Repository
- Select GitHub Issues
- Server: http://github.com/medale/spark-mail
- Add GitHub user id/password
- Validate Settings
This creates a new Bugs - medale/spark-mail issues task repo
Working on tasks
- Window - Show View - Other - Mylyn - Task List
This shows issues that were already created on GitHub and allows you to work with those or create new issues remotely.